Peter and the Starcatcher - Stuff that Happens in the Play
Growing up ensues...
• A troupe of actors addresses the audience.
• At the docks in Victorian England, a schoolmaster ushers three orphan boys (Ted, Prentiss, and a nameless Boy) aboard the disheveled Neverland, a ship bound for the court of the evil King Zarboff.
• The distinguished Lord Aster, who is boarding the neighboring (and much more impressive) ship, the Wasp, sees his daughter Molly and her nanny Mrs. Bumbrake aboard the Neverland.
• Slank, the vicious captain of the Neverland, switches a trunk destined for the Wasp to the decks of the Neverland.
• Molly and the mysterious Boy lock eyes on deck.
• Aboard the Neverland, Molly and the orphan boys realize the ship is much more dangerous than it appeared. Molly sneaks out of her cabin after Alf, a kind-hearted and romantic sailor, and discovers the orphan boys stashed below deck.
• Meanwhile, a band of pirates, led by the wildly wicked Black Stache, has taken control of the Wasp.
• Molly realizes her father is in trouble; then she and the orphans see a flying cat. The orphans try to get Molly to explain what’s going on, but she distracts them by telling a story.
• On the Wasp, Stache realizes the treasure he’s been seeking on this ship has been moved to the Neverland.
• The Boy spies Molly on deck communicating with her father and pries her secret out of her: she and her father are Starcatchers, and they’re protecting a magical treasure – Starstuff.
• Slank discovers the Boy on deck and throws him overboard. Molly swims him to safety.
• Stache attacks the Neverland in search of the treasure. Lightning hits the ship, splits it in half, and it begins to sink.
• The Boy tries to protect the trunk from Stache, but Stache tries to woo him to the pirate’s life, starting with offering him a good pirate name – Peter. The Boy takes Peter as his name.
• The ship goes down, and everyone escapes to a nearby island.
• Mermaids, Mollusks, flying crocodiles, and growing up ensue.