In order toget you in the mood to give blood on September 5 at the Blackfriars Playhouse to help save lives and receive $10 off tickets to Titus, we've compiled this list of Shakespeare's bloodiest quotes.
- "A most harsh one, and not to be understood without bloody succeeding."
All's Well That Ends Well: II,iii
- "By Iris, I will give thee bloody teeth, If thou with Caesar paragon again, My man of men."
Antony and Cleopatra: I,v
- "Bloody bawdy villain! Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, kindless villain! O, vengeance!"
Hamlet: II, ii
- "We'll lay before this town our royal bones, Wade to the market-place in Frenchmen's blood, But we will make it subject to this boy."
King John: II,i
- "Child Rowland to the dark tower came; His word was stil, Fie, foh, and fum! I smell the blood of a British man."
King Lear: III,iv
- "All causes shall give way: I am in blood, Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er."
- "Let us make incision for your love, To prove whose blood is reddest, his or mine"
Merchant of Venice: II,i
- "The second, your excellent sherris is the warming of the blood; which, cold and settled, left the liver white and pale, which is the badge of pusillanimity and cowardice."
Henry IV, Part II: IV,iii
- "That, in his secret doom, out of my blood, He'll breed revengement and a scourge for me."
Henry IV, Part I: III,ii
And the number one bloody quote is. . .
- "But, I say, go; lest, I let forth your half-pint of blood; back, -that's, the utmost of your having: back."