The American Shakespeare Center (ASC), an internationally recognized center for the performance and study of William Shakespeare and his contemporaries, seeks a hands-on, enthusiastic, and organized team player to fill the Finance Assistant position.
Currently reporting to the Interim Controller, the Finance Assistant will help with the day-to-day financial transactions. This position is well suited to a detail-oriented individual who wants to develop skills in the financial realm of a non-profit arts theater.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receives, deposits, and records all revenue for the organization
- Manages accounts payable and payroll
- Completes/reconciles monthly reports
- Enters donations into CRM (PatronManager)
- Enters data in QuickBooks
- Assists with reporting to Finance Committee of the Board
- Assists with annual audit
- Other duties as assigned
- QuickBooks proficient
- Excel proficient
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and non-profit accounting
- Desire to learn new databases and software programs as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively, cooperatively, and respectfully with others
- A passion for Shakespeare and/or the mission and work of the ASC
No phone calls, please.
This is a full-time position starting at $33,000/year. Benefits include company-subsidized health insurance, dental and vision insurance, and a generous paid leave policy.
The American Shakespeare Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
TO APPLYApply Now