getting to staunton
- Staunton is located near two regional airports, the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD) and Charlottesville International Airport (CHO).
- To get to downtown Staunton from SHD, the airport provides a reservation-based shuttle service. There are also local taxi services as well as some Uber and Lyft drivers who are active in the area.
- To get to downtown Staunton from CHO, you can take the train from the Charlottesville Amtrak station (CVS) to the Staunton Amtrak station (STA).
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) and Richmond International Airport (RIC) are both further away, but within driving distance of Staunton.
- The Northeast Corridor 3 Amtrak line stops at the Staunton Amtrak station (STA), just a couple of blocks away from the Blackfriars Playhouse.
- The Virginia Breeze bus line runs between Union Station in Washington, DC and the Staunton Martin’s Supermarket bus stop (STA).
- To get to downtown Staunton from the bus stop, you’ll need to take a taxi or the 250 connector bus.
- Interstates 81 and 64 provide easy access to Staunton. U.S. Routes 250 and 11 run basically parallel to the interstates and offer a more scenic drive, with the same ease.
- Need some help getting into town? Want to carpool from the airport or share a ride? Connect with others via our Facebook Ride Share Group.
staying in staunton
These hotels are within easy walking distance of the playhouse.
These hotels along Richmond Avenue are further from downtown (2-3 miles). The 250 connector bus runs between this area and downtown Staunton.
- Econo Lodge East
- Quality Inn & Suites
- Comfort Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Staunton
- Tru by Hilton Staunton
- Best Western Staunton Inn
- Sleep Inn
HWY 81 / 262
These hotels are about five miles from downtown Staunton.