The American Shakespeare Center Education Department offers world-class Shakespeare programming to schools, corporations, and general audiences, with the goal of recovering the joy of Shakespeare’s plays and facilitating a greater understanding of how theatrical skills can enhance communication, leadership, and presentation skills in any field. We seek a highly-motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented individual who enjoys being part of a team and who takes pride in their career to work in our office.
The Education Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Director of Education and other Education staff. This individual will be the Administrative contact for the Education Department to audiences, scholastic and commercial customers, visiting scholars, and other partners, and so must demonstrate a positive attitude and a genuine love of ASC Education’s mission.
- Manage intake process for Student Matinees, college and high school groups, and all programs with education content
- Prepare targeted emails for Education events and track the effectiveness of email campaigns and other outreach with the Education and Group Sales Manager
- Maintain Education and Group Sales records in our customer relationship management database
- Oversee hospitality for Education events
- Respond to Education inquiries from the general public
- Liaise with our Finance department, preparing check requests, managing timesheets for contractors, tracking payments, and overseeing coding and budgeting tasks
- Liaise with our Marketing department to prepare collateral for Education events
- Prepare and print handouts for workshops and lectures conducted by Education staff and artists
- Manage the Education department calendar
- House Manage Student Matinees with Education Associate
- Special Projects as assigned
- BA in English, Literature, Administrative, Business, Finance, Communications, or related field
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Dependability, punctuality, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Strong research skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Docs
- 2+ years of hands-on administrative support experience preferred
- Prior experience with PatronManager/Salesforce or similar CRM platform strongly preferred
The ASC offers an attractive compensation of $27,000 plus benefits, including health insurance, flexible vacation time, comp tickets to shows at the Blackfriars Playhouse, and the opportunity to audit classes at Mary Baldwin University.
No phone calls, please. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Application closes June 1, anticipated start date July 16, 2018.Apply