Reporting to and in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager is the center of the Marketing Department, keeping an eye on all logistics of the marketing timeline, collateral calendar, and email communications. Additionally, the Marketing Manager will create video and blogs, oversee Marketing Interns, and help manage department projects.
- BA in Marketing. Professional Writing, or relevant experience
- Strong marketing/sales writing and editing skills
- A good team player and multitasker in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Salesforce/PatronManager or similar CRM preferred
- Knowledge of Shakespeare and theatre a plus
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Project manage all graphic design requests with the Graphic Designer, helping manage deadlines and content submission.
- Project manage the email content calendar.
- Code all receipts and invoices for Business Manager and/or Finance Assistant
- Write copy for ASC Publications (programs, brochures, postcards, posters, one-sheets)
- Serve as company Copy Editor, maintaining the ASC Style Guide
- Review all licensing agreements when we secure the rights for a show and make sure we are in compliance with all the requirements
- Audience Scripts
COMMUNICATIONS AND ONLINE PRESENCE
- Create and distribute targeted and direct email newsletters.
- Work with the Digital Marketing and PR Manager to build a seasonal content strategy of blogs, social media, video, and email content
- Create video for the Marketing Department
- Create blogs for the Marketing Department
- Produce Shipping Requests for programs
- Distribute Window Cards (in Downtown Staunton and beyond)
- Manage brochure distribution on a quarterly basis
- Manage Marketing interns
- In conjunction with leadership, suggest and direct merchandise for Gift Shop
- Oversee the Purchasing and Gift Shop Manager and assist as needed.
This is a full time job with benefits and a salary of $30,000. Please apply online here – no phone calls or direct emails.
The American Shakespeare Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, color, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other status protected by law.Apply