Take your relationship with Shakespeare to the next level at the ASC Theatre Camp, a residential summer intensive for students. Preview the college experience by living on campus at Mary Baldwin University while you work with professional theatre practitioners to prepare to strut and fret your hour upon the stage at the Blackfriars Playhouse.
June 25 – July 17, 2023
Q: How do I get in to Camp?
- Attendance at Camp is by acceptance only: all prospective campers must apply to attend. Accepted campers will be sent an invitation to register. Please note that acceptance does not guarantee attendance! We will not hold an accepted camper’s spot until registration is complete.
Q: How much does Camp cost?
- Tuition for ASCTC 2023 is $3900.
- Tuition covers everything campers need from the moment they arrive in Staunton, including lodging, meals, and show tickets.
Q: Do you offer financial aid?
- Yes. Accepted campers will receive a link to the financial aid application in their acceptance email. The deadline to apply for financial aid is April 15, 2023.
Q: What is the deadline for applications?
- The Early Application deadline is December 15, 2022. Early Application acceptance notifications will be sent out the following week. Priority is given to campers who apply early.
- Campers who apply after the Early Application deadline may be considered on a rolling basis until the session is full or until the final application deadline, whichever comes first. Applications will be reviewed on the 15th of each month, with admissions decisions sent the following week.
- The final deadline for all applications is May 15, 2023, and applications submitted after that date may not be considered for acceptance.
Q: Where do campers live?
- ASC Theatre Campers live on campus at Mary Baldwin University, a few blocks away from the Blackfriars Playhouse. Click here to see photos and take a virtual tour of the PEG dorm, ASCTC’s main campus location.
Q: What pandemic precautions are you taking to prevent the spread of Covid-19?
- The Covid-19 pandemic is a continuing and evolving public health crisis, and we remain flexible and alert in our response.
- At this time, we are not planning to require proof of vaccination from ASCTC 2023 participants (though proof of vaccination will be required of all ASCTC 2023 staff members to the fullest extent permitted by law).
- All participants will be required to disclose (and confirm, if applicable) their vaccination status to Camp administrative staff at the time of registration, and campers may be grouped or separated by vaccination status as needed and recommended by VDH.
- We will follow the ASC SafeStart protocols for all events in the Blackfriars Playhouse and the MBU pandemic protocols while on campus, as well as all state and federal guidelines.
2023 Information coming soon
2023 Information coming soon
CAMP IN YOUR POCKET!
We found our people at Camp…now we can stay together everywhere!
Have you ever…
- Longed to connect with your ASC Theatre Camp friends and colleagues at scheduled digital events?
- Hoped to network with the Camp community to find your next internship (or intern)?
- Yearned to access ASC’s educational resources in one place?
- Wished you could keep Camp in your back pocket?
NOW YOU CAN!
Fulfill all these dreams and more by enrolling as a member of: the Epizeuxis Society.
*Epizeuxis (ep·i·zeux·is) is the rhetorical device that represents words in repetition
As part of your membership, you will receive direct access to all things Camp on Slack, the exciting new year-round digital world for the thriving ASC Theatre Camp community!
For as little as $5 a month, all current and former campers (and Camp staff!) can gain access to this exclusive digital bubble. In this safe space, you can chat, share resources, start video calls, and participate in exclusive digital programming hosted by the ASC — truly keeping Camp in your back pocket.
Here are just the highlights of what you will receive access to as a member of our Slack:
- Exclusive lectures, workshops, and talkbacks with ASC professionals,
- Access to ASC’s educational resources for use in your classroom, preparing for your big role, or behind the table in rehearsal,
- Easy connection with the Camp community from your pocket,
- Being welcomed into our community of donors,
- Knowing you are helping keep the lights on at ASC in these hard times by joining for a donation of at least $5 a month.
We are ready for you — what are you waiting for?