join the ranks.
The ASC Academic Consortium is a group of colleges and universities who support the mission of the American Shakespeare Center and have an institutional stake in its work. A three year commitment endows members with numerous benefits to be enjoyed both at ASC and on site at the member institution.
Join the Consortium to take advantage of consistent budgeting and institution-wide access to American Shakespeare Center programming. The Consortium allows schools and universities to bank dollars with the ASC, which can be used to pay for any service – Leadership Training, ASC on Tour residencies, student matinees, and more. In addition, Consortium members get a seat on the Consortium Board which meets yearly (your travel, lodging, and performance tickets covered by us) to brainstorm potential ASC programming.
- Consistent budgeting
- Discounts on all ASC programming including ASC on Tour, Leadership Training, Educational Residencies, and Blackfriars Playhouse performances
- Institution-wide benefits which can be shared across all of your organization’s departments
- Joint programming opportunities with other Consortium members
- Carry-over balances
Level 1: $5,000
Education Account for discounted Blackfriars tickets and/or Education Activities.
Level 2: $12,000
1 Tour Performance and up to 6 onsite workshop hours over a 1.5 day residency with a $3,000 Education Account for discounted Blackfriars tickets and/or Education Activities.
Level 3: $20,000
2 Tour Performances and up to 10 onsite workshop hours over a 2.5 day residency with a $5,000 Education Account for discounted Blackfriars tickets and/or Education Activities.
Level 4: $27,000
3 Tour Performances and up to 16 onsite workshop hours over a 3.5 day residency with a $7,000 Education Account for discounted Blackfriars tickets and/or Education Activities.
***All over a course of three years unless otherwise indicated.
The Leadership Consortium
Providing unparalleled opportunities to join the academy and the practice of classical theatre, the Leadership Consortium solidifies the link between the ASC tour, the ASC home, and the Leadership Consortium member. Bringing ASC on Tour to the Leadership Consortium members’ campuses enhances their curriculum, serves their faculties, engages their student bodies, connects to their communities, and energizes their alumni and donors. With a three-year commitment, the Leadership Consortium member and the ASC are now able to bring long term planning to bear.
Becoming a Leadership Consortium means a three-year commitment to ASC at the $20 or $27K annual levels.
Membership in the Leadership Consortium at the ASC includes
- Tour shows and actor-led workshops in residency at member University
- Blackfriars Conference privileges
- Free participation for member University representative, discounted fees for additional faculty
- Sponsorship recognition in the conference program
- Priority for member University students in applying for internships with the ASC
- Discounts on programming in Staunton, including
- Quarterly Blackfriars Teacher Seminars
- Little Academes—weekend to weeklong courses designed around the Blackfriars repertory by member University faculty
- Shakespeare and Leadership programs
- Scheduled use of the Blackfriars stage
- Consortium member discounts for Education programming at member University
- Consortium membership discounts on Blackfriars shows and merchandise
Please contact Sales Manager Liz Bernardo-Stewart at email@example.com or at (540) 885-5588 ext. 24 with questions or for more information.