Is your play ready to go?
For the first round, we’re looking for submissions that are inspired by or in conversation with The Merry Wives of Windsor; Henry IV, Part 1; The Comedy of Errors; or The Winter’s Tale. Submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm on February 15, 2018.
The second round of plays will be accepted from June 1 – August 1, 2018; the Shakespeare plays to consider in that round are Othello; Henry IV, Part 2; A Midsummer Night’s Dream; and Cymbeline. Check this site for updates about future rounds.
Before submitting, confirm that your play meets our qualifications:
- The play must be written for a cast of 10-12 actors.
- The play must be able to be performed with minimal sets.
- The play must be able to be performed with universal (shared) lighting.
- The play must be 2(ish) hours long.
- The play must be inspired by or in conversation with The Merry Wives of Windsor; Henry IV, Part 1; The Comedy of Errors; or The Winter’s Tale.
- The play must have not yet had a professional production and preferably would remain unproduced through July 1, 2019. (Questions about this? Shoot us an e-mail).
Prepare your materials
To smoothly navigate the process, we encourage you to prepare your materials before beginning the application. To that end:
- Remove your name and any contact information from the script. Remove any agent or representation’s name and contact information from the script.
- Include a Character Breakdown at the start of the script. Please include age and gender in the breakdown, as well as any other information you’d like us to know. If your play has more than 12 characters, we recommend (though don’t require) that your Character Breakdown also include suggested doubling.
- Title the document with the title of your play.
- Save your script as a PDF or Word document.
You will also have the opportunity (though you are not required) to upload a bio or resume; please make sure the document is titled with your name. Additionally, you may upload any supporting materials that may be related to the play; please be sure to name each file “[Title of Play]_Additional Content”.