Reporting to and in collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing and Sales, the primary purpose of the ASC Database Manager is to maintain and strengthen the company’s patron database, including its use in reporting and sales. The Database Manager will maintain the public ticketing platform, ensuring appropriate patron experience in ticket and event purchasing.
Maintain ASC’s Patron Manager Ticketing System
- Keep up to date with software and policy changes from Patron Manager, implement changes, and train staff as necessary.
- Troubleshoot Patron Manager issues across the organization.
- Set up and maintain system settings in Patron Manager.
- Maintain and update the Public ticketing site and automated patron emails.
- Monitor and update company users; onboard and train staff on PM usage.
- Manage ASC Formstack forms and their PM integration.
Sales, Pricing, and Ticket Policy Strategy
- Build and update all single, group, education, membership, and special ticketable events in PM and align with Finance for reporting and tracking.
- Build and maintain any subscription packages as needed.
- Help create and implement overall ticket/event pricing models.
- Deploy and optimize dynamic pricing.
- Create and maintain discount codes.
- Provide oversight for the Front of House implementation and training for database and ticketing system procedures and upkeep.
- Run CRMs and appropriate reports as needed for direct mailings, texting campaigns, or email campaigns.
- Assist with the segmentation and tracking of audience groups.
- Provide analysis as requested surrounding audience behavior based on Patron Manager data.
- Help maintain the PM Sales Dashboard and cross organization regular reports.
Finance and Reporting
- Track and report overall sales for ticketed events.
- Assist Finance in reconciling Patron Manager and Quickbooks on a monthly basis.
- Provide reporting on current liabilities on a monthly basis.
- Help research and create reports for monthly reports, board reports, and annual audits.
Development and Grant Reporting
- Report on donor giving history from year to year and provide an analysis of changes in donor behavior based on data from Patron Manager.
- Report on seasonal appeals and provide appropriate year over year comparisons.
- Cross analyze giving history with playhouse visits and event participation.
- Assist in the building of prospective donor reports.
- Create financial and ticketing reports for grant-making and final reports.
- Provide data and statistics for grants, board reports, and other departmental needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years office experience
- Bachelor’s degree in similar field a plus
- Theater and non-profit experience a plus
- Experience in software maintenance and/or Salesforce Patron Manager a plus
- Sales experience a plus
- Detail oriented
- Passion for the performing arts
- Collegial and team oriented in work style
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Creative in approach to job duties
Willing to consider a full or partially remote candidate. If onsite, Database Manager must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before beginning work.
$40,000 annually with competitive leave and benefits. Start date is ASAP.
The American Shakespeare Center values and supports collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect, trust, inclusion, and work/life balance. Our home in Staunton, Virginia supports these values with a livable, walkable downtown; low cost of living; diverse arts opportunities; easy access to cities like Richmond, Charlotte, and Washington, DC; and abundant outdoor activities in the surrounding Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains.
TO APPLYLearn More