Take your Shakespeare experience to the next level.
The SHXcademy experience is a packed weekend with the American Shakespeare Center’s renowned Education team (including ASC co-founder and Shakespeare scholar, Ralph Alan Cohen, and Director of Education, Sarah Enloe) at the Blackfriars Playhouse. From engaging lectures to on-your-feet workshops to captivating performances, you will discover the infinite variety of choices within Shakespeare’s text.
Your questions, Answered.
How much does SHXcademy cost?
Registration is $200 for students and $300 for adults and educators.
Are there places to stay nearby?
Budget-friendly hotels nearby include a Howard Johnson, Express Inn, Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Econo Lodge, and Quality Inn and Suites.
Get in touch. Our education assistant Liz Bernardo will be happy to hear from you.
Spring Break Session: Playing the Stage
March 8–10, 2018
Join us on the Blackfriars Playhouse stage to discover how the early modern stage directs the choices and actions available within Shakespeare’s text. Through active and engaging workshops, you will be challenged to evaluate and apply these staging conditions to both early modern and contemporary works.
Friday, March 8
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Playhouse Tour and Arden of Faversham Rehearsal Observation (optional)
- 5:00 – 6:15 p.m. – Actors Panel welcome with Brandon Carter, Calder Shilling, KP Powell, and Meg Rodgers
- 7:30 p.m. – Arden of Faversham
Saturday, March 9
- 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. – Critics Circle with Breakfast
- 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. – Dramaturgy & Playwriting with Anne G. Morgan
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Costumes with Hope Maddox
- 2:00 p.m. – The Merry Wives of Windsor
- 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Cutting & Cue Scripts with the Education Team
- 7:30pm – Anne Page Hates Fun
Sunday, March 10
- 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. – Movement & Clowning with David Anthony Lewis
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. – Combat & Weaponry with Benjamin Reed
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch & Learn Presentation with the Education Team
- 2:00 p.m. – Henry IV, Part 1