The Content Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining visual content to support marketing initiatives at the American Shakespeare Center. This includes graphic design, photography, videography, and content creation for various marketing channels such as social media, websites, email campaigns, and print collateral. The Content Manager works closely with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager to execute creative designs and ensure branding consistency across all materials.
- Proficient in graphic design, using tools like Canva to create print collateral and digital content
- Strong conceptualization and execution skills to create designs for brochures, digital and print programs, posters, signage, logos, trade show graphics, mailers, ads, webpages, and email marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with photography and videography, including editing and retouching images as necessary
- Ability to manipulate and reformat graphics and images for different environments (print, online, etc.)
- Ability to recommend and execute branding and rebranding strategies to aid in the growth of ASC
- Ability to stay up-to-date with design concepts, practices, and tools, and remain informed about new techniques, trends, and technologies
- Ability to collaborate and work with cross-functional teams to plan, analyze, and recommend creative techniques and executions using color, images, layout, typography, photography, and illustrations
- Ability to create and design merchandise for the ASC Gift Shop including apparel, accessories, and branded items
- Experience in video production and content creation, including filming, writing, and editing show trailers and cast interviews
- Strong organizational skills, high productivity, and an ability to complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner according to agreed-upon deadlines
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager to conceptualize and execute graphic designs for various print and digital marketing materials
- Maintain and update ASC’s SmugMug account with current photos and captions in collaboration with the Marketing Manager
- Maintain an organized archive of project folders and image/design files
- Build and design webpage graphics and content for the ASC website in tandem with the Marketing Manager
- Create and edit graphics and content for social media, Google, and email ad campaigns using ASC photography and collateral
- Manipulate and reformat photographic images for use in different environments (print, online, etc.) and retouch images as necessary
- Implement branding and rebranding strategies to ensure consistency across all marketing materials
- Upgrade skills and knowledge relative to design concepts, practices, and tools, and remain informed about new techniques, trends, and technologies
- Manage video production and content creation, including filming, writing, and editing show trailers and cast interviews
- Collaborate with the Playhouse Manager to create and design merchandise for the ASC Gift Shop, including apparel, accessories, and branded items
- Capture photography of non-production stock, including action shots of rehearsals, education programs, merchandise, and development events
- Maintain high productivity and accuracy while completing assignments in a timely manner according to agreed-upon deadlines
- Knowledge of branding, rebranding, and marketing strategies
- Knowledge of photography and videography, including editing and retouching
- Experience in photography, video, and podcast editing
- Strong creative thinking, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work completion
- Up-to-date with current graphic design concepts, practices, and tools
- Familiarity with Canva for graphic design is preferred
- Experience or familiarity with Shakespeare and/or theatre is preferred
The Content Manager is a full-time, salaried position at $36,000 a year and includes the following benefits: subsidized health insurance, paid leave, as well as access to vision, dental, and life insurance.
The American Shakespeare Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
The American Shakespeare Center values and supports collaboration, inclusion, and work/life balance. Our home in Staunton, Virginia supports these values with a livable, walkable downtown; low cost of living; diverse arts opportunities; easy access to cities like Richmond, Charlottesville, and Washington, DC; and abundant outdoor activities in the surrounding Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains. Learn more about ASC’s mission, vision, beliefs, and staging practices here.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio/examples of your current work to Stephanie Cabacoy at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Application for Content Manager. Applications submitted by April 28, 2023 will receive first priority, but will be accepted until the position is filled.