Duties Expected of Cutter/Draper:
- Provides costume technical support as draper/cutter/stitcher for ASC productions.
- Discusses each assigned design with Designer and Costume Shop Manager.
- Interpret sketches and drawings created by the Designer to create the costume.
- Calculates yardage estimates and needs (notions, zippers, etc.) for each costume.
- Performs drafting or draping of costume pieces for rendered designs.
- Tailors or alters costumes and patterns, as needed.
- Maintain integrity of Designer’s vision for ASC productions.
- Instructs additional stitchers on the accurate construction of costume, in tandem with First Hand.
- Attends all costume shop meetings.
- Attends costume fittings as needed/requested.
- Complete all builds by dress tech.
- Have all costumes, shoes, and accessories ready for the first dress rehearsal of each production, in tandem with First Hand, as approved by the Designer.
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- Maintains a safe, healthy and clean work /shop environment.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Reports to the ASC Costume Shop Manager.
This is a stipend position with negotiable housing for non-local applicants.
Submit a complete application with cover letter, resume, and design sample or portfolio.
No phone calls or emails, please.