The Development Manager’s primary goal is to manage the day-to-day operations of the development department as outlined below. This position will report to the Director of Development and will work closely with the members of the Engagement Team to support the fundraising goals of the American Shakespeare Center.
- Provide friendly, donor-centered customer service and represent ASC and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
- Write and deliver prompt and creative donor acknowledgments, recognition, and cultivation/stewardship.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with donor prospects and donors that fall below the Major Donor threshold.
- Research and compile information on prospective donors and current donors.
- Project manage the execution of all mass mailings for annual appeals.
Special Events & Community Engagement
- Organize and implement special events throughout the year including cultivation events.
- Organize and implement community engagement events including Project Goodfellow.
- Assist Associate Director of Development & Engagement with the planning and execution of community partnerships.
PatronManager Database Management
- Oversee Engagement Associates’ donation gift processing.
- Become familiar with data entry and maintenance of PatronManager Customer Relationship Management (CRM) including adding and updating new donor information, pledges, gifts, payments, and qualifying all contacts.
- Collaborate with PatronManager administrators in order to build sync channels of communication and implementation.
- Create and update online donation forms.
- Run reports needed for donor honor roll, appeals, special events, financials, etc.
Office Administrative Tasks
- Maintain and update office systems to support development projects and operations.
- Manages grant calendar, including reporting and submission deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Development Manager must have a demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage time and projects for maximum productivity, along with the ability to shift priorities in order to achieve all high-value work.
- The Development Manager must customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in the pursuit of job objectives and goals, often under pressure
- A proactive working style and an eagerness to communicate and problem-solve with a positive attitude is essential.
- The candidate must have the ability to work without close supervision, foresee development needs, and generate work for this position and for others supportive of this position including associates, coordinators, and interns.
- Strong written communication skills are imperative, as are interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Creativity is critical to communicating persuasively the need for funding, both in person and in writing