ASC’S COMPREHENSIVE PLAN FOR A SAFE experience FOR OUR ACTORS, AUDIENCES, AND STAFF.
The following page outlines some of the mitigation steps American Shakespeare Center is taking to keep all of us safe for your next visit to a live performance.
Beginning with the opening of Pass Over on August 11, 2022 the ASC will no longer require proof of vaccination or universal masking. We strongly encourage patrons to mask when possible. ASC is monitoring local, state, and federal guidelines and will update this policy as necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED WHEN ATTENDING THE ASC
A SELF SYMPTOM CHECK
We ask that patrons do a symptom check based on the graphic below. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend a performance. If you cannot attend a performance due to illness, we are offering a flexible rescheduling and refund policy. Please get in touch with our Box Office! (E-mail, or call1.877.MUCH.ADO)
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO PREPARE THE BLACKFRIARS FOR YOU
Your experience at the Blackfriars Playhouse will look different than it has in the past. In particular:
- ASC staff and employees are fully vaccinated.
- During the season there will be no Gallant Stools, no one seated in the front row, and no seating in the Lords Chairs.
- We will be using ticket scanners and digital tickets.
- There will be digital programs in place of paper programs.
- We will not accept cash transactions for Gift Shop or ticket sales.
- You’ll see free-standing hand sanitizer stations throughout the Playhouse.
WHAT HASN’T CHANGED?
The Blackfriars Playhouse will remain a home for world-class Shakespeare performed in repertory by a single company of actors. Our dedication to Shakespeare’s performance conditions has not changed.
Our embrace of early-modern theatre approaches like repertory casting, performing without elaborate scenery in shared light, and our emphasis on the power of the actor, the word, the hand-made, and the acoustic all contribute to ASC being uniquely suited to safely adapt to the variety of conditions presented by this challenging new era.